Architectural Technologist Job Profile And Description
An architectural technologist is one who contributes towards the early stages of conception of a building by providing their expertise on the construction of the structure to be used for residential or commercial purposes. They make drawings of the building’s structure and give their planning insight on various aspects of the construction like how to choose and organize materials need for construction, designing the interior of the building, making an estimate of the budget, giving an explanation of the technology and systems to be used for the construction of the building and so on. They study the safety rules, building codes and other technical document and then create the final design or make a three-dimensional model for presentation to the client.
Architectural Technologist Duties And Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of an architectural technologist, who can be an architect, designer, manager or contractor, involve:
- Creating the design which will be used as the blueprint for construction later on by using design methods and tools to product detailed work drawings that will lead to the construction of a building.
- He studies the space and site and cost requirements and makes detailed sketches to get an estimate of what materials will required for the project
- They may also have to make agreements and bidding documents for other construction projects
Architectural Technologist Skills And Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of an architectural technologist include:
- Good with numbers and analytical skills
- Problem-solving ability and comprehension skills
Architectural Technologist Education And Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for an architectural technologist are as follows:
- 2-year vocational or technical degree in interior room decoration, drafting etc
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Design and Drafting system
Architectural Technologist Salary
The average annual salary of an architectural technologist is $47,000 and it can go over $69,000.