Cake Decorator Profile and Description
A cake decorator is any individual who has gained exceptional training in cake making and cake decoration. A cake decorator is responsible for designing, constructing and embellishing baked cakes. This career field requires those individuals who are extremely creative in nature and are ready to create pastries and cakes for various occasions and events. This profession is gaining a lot of attention these days due to the willingness of people to pay for expensive cakes.
Cake Decorator Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the duties and responsibilities of a cake decorator:
- A cake decorator is responsible for making a draft for creative cakes.
- A cake decorator’s duty is to prepare cakes as per the specifications of the client.
- It is the duty of a cake decorator is to maintain a clean working area and tracking inventory supply as well.
- He/she is also responsible for clicking photographs of cakes for future reference.
Cake Decorator Skills and Specifications
To become a cake decorator, the following given skills and specifications are required from a person:
- A cake decorator must know all the methods of cake baking and cake designing.
- A cake decorator must be extremely creative in nature and must be ready to take risks and do experiments with cake designing.
- A cake decorator should be dedicated, hard working and willing to work for long durations.
- A cake decorator must also be willing to learn new techniques.
Cake Decorator Education and Qualifications
The following qualifications are required from a person who wants to be a cake decorator:
- No formal education qualifications are required for this profession but a course in cake decoration can be done to obtain certification.
- They must pass a 1-day practical examination to be able to become a cake decorator.
Cake Decorator Salary
A cake decorator earns about $23000 on an average per year.