It is important that engineering students follow the given tips in order to have a stable and rewarding career:
- There are different hierarchies within the organization and there is a need to work at each level and connect in order to please all and yet get your own way. Ensure that the research that has been conducted is thoroughly done.
- No whims or fanciful guess work can get you in the favor of the execs no matter how correct you might be.
- Follow a proper methodology that will adhere to the way the business organization works. There should be a proper balance between pleasing the corporate management and ensuring success.
- Do not start pitching in ideas at the very first go. It does not work that way. Look for opening and opportunities wherein if you are confident then state the objectives that need to be followed.
- The personal brand, which was mentioned in the previous section, is something that is very important. Over confidence is a big turn off. No one likes to listen to someone who cannot see the world past himself. Also, no one can tolerate an uncertain leader. An optimum balance needs to be brought about.
- See and analyze which corporation rules and policies appear more workable that the rest. Target those corporations. Do not talk about change in a condescending way but as a necessary evil that needs to be incorporated. No organization will like to hear that their work does not have the standard quality. Hence, it is important to be honest but in a diplomatic way. Do not talk up and don’t talk down.
- Being straight forward is also very important. The need to be open to ideas and also reject the ideas before it gets out of hand is important as well.