Chiropractor Job Profile and Description
A chiropractor is a health professional who is responsible for the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of many mechanical disorders and conditions which distort the functioning of the nervous system and the health of a person. A chiropractor’s requires him/her to conduct physical examination of a patient or a person to check whether or not he/she is suffering from any kind of acute or chronic conditions such as back ache, neck, shoulder and posture problems.
Chiropractor Duties and Responsibilities
The following are a few of the duties and responsibilities of a chiropractor:
- Taking the medical history of the patients in detail and gathering information about the disorders in spine, posture etc.
- Taking X-rays of the patients if required and then interpreting them.
- Checking the blood pressure and sugar level of patients and conducting other medical tests.
- Suggesting the applying the proper treatment so that the patient is relieved from pain and other medical conditions.
Chiropractor Skills and Specifications
Here’s a list of the major skills and specifications of a chiropractor:
- A chiropractor must have exceptional listening abilities and must be able to understand the problems faced by patients.
- A chiropractor must have excellent communication skills and strong personality.
- He/she must good clinical thinking and complex analytical skills.
- He/she should be persuasive and dedicated with exceptional judgment and decision making skills.
Chiropractor Education and Qualifications
The following are the education and qualifications of a chiropractor:
- A chiropractor needs at least 6 years of college and a clinical training or internship.
- He/she must pass a national examination and then a provincial examination so as to acquire a license of practice.
- He/she must be trained in issues dealing with the spine and posture.
A chiropractor working in the US earns somewhere around $132089 as the average median salary.
Neurosurgeon Career Description
Neonatologist Career Description
Dental Assistant Career Description
Dietician Career Description
Genetic Counselor Career Description
Dietitian Career Description
General Surgeon Career Description
Homeopathy Career Description
Family Physician Career Description
Gynecologist Career Description
Biotechnology Career Description
Orthopedic Surgeon Career Description