Data Entry Job Profile and Description:
The data entry professional will find work in a number of areas like banking, telecommunications, and computer-based data storage institutions and so on. His main task is to feed information into a computer. The data entry professional also is in charge of secretarial duties like keeping and creating inventory lists, making data available to authorities, preparing necessary documents and so on.
Training is the prerequisite for this job, and not so much formal education. However, now with the standardisation of such jobs, clients and employers look for minimal degrees or formal education background in such individuals.
Data Entry Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of a data entry professional are as follows:
- To enter the data into the data base without making errors, with maximum speed and accuracy.
- To constantly perform a job which might, at times, get repetitive with complete focus and dedication.
- To keep adequate backup for the data entered so that in case of a glitch, valuable data is not lost completely.
Data Entry Skills and Specifications:
The skills and specifications of a data entry professional are as follows:
- Familiarity with basic computer programs like MS Word and MS Office
- Familiarity with and the ability to use ubiquitous office machinery and equipment like photocopier machines, fax machines, printers and so on.
- Understanding of secretarial tasks like book keeping, record keeping, labelling and basic customer service.
- Skills in word processing, basic keyboarding, use of microcomputers and so on.
Data Entry Education and Qualifications:
The education and qualifications of a data entry professional are as follows:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Certificate in Data Entry
Data Entry Salary:
A data entry professional earns around 20,000 to 30,000 USD per annum