Electrical Engineering Career Profile and Description
The main job role of an electrical engineer is to design, develop and test the manufacturing and the installations of the electrical equipment and components, which are used in commercial, military and industrial sectors. The engineer controls the various plant manufacturing processes and performs specific studies and analyzes as and when required by the higher authorities.
Electrical Engineering Duties and Responsibilities
The job roles performed by an electrical engineering professional are as follows:
- Execution of projects comprising of various aspects such as control panel engineering, SCADA design and PLC and human machine interface programming.
- Performing design trade studies and developing cost effective methods to meet the needs of the industry.
- Coordinating with the quality control personnel so as to ensure that the final product meets the engineering standards.
- Implementing various process changes and installation and maintenance of new equipment.
- Monitoring the new equipment and tools to ensure an effective production process.
- Performing timely audits.
Electrical Engineering Skills and Specifications
Here are the skill sets required by an electrical engineer:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of programming logic control.
- Expertise in the installation, commissioning and troubleshooting of process and software systems.
- Knowledge of industrial communication networks such as Ethernet, DeviceNet etc.
- Knowledge of IntellutionSuite, Visual Basic, Factory Talk Suite etc.
- Working knowledge of ControlLogix, SLC500 and Human Machine Interface.
In addition to the above technical skills:
- The candidate should have good analytical and problem solving skills.
- The candidate should be able to execute multiple project assignments under minimal supervision.
- The candidate should be able to travel to project sites for the installation and commissioning of equipment.
- The candidate should have good interpersonal skills.
Electrical Engineering Education and Qualification
The required degrees are:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering or a related technical degree.
- Certification course in Industrial Automation and Process Control or Certification course in Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition.
Electrical Engineering Salary
The average salary of an electrical engineer may range from $60,000 to $110,000.
Genetic Engineer Career Description
Aerospace Engineer Career Description
Audio Engineer Career Description
Petroleum Engineer Career Description
Environmental Engineering Career Description
Industrial Engineering Career Description
Automotive Engineering Career Description
Computer Engineering Career Description
Biomedical Engineering Career Description
Aerospace Engineering Career Description
Mechanical Engineering Career Description
Civil Engineering Career Description