Federal Agent Job Profile and Description
Federal Agents are employed by the federal government of the United States in order to ensure the safety of the citizens and also to maintain federal law. A federal agent enjoys a lot of benefits including monetary benefits and is also considered as a prestigious position.
A federal agent serves as a guardian for the community and thus is treated with respect. He performs duties like investigating crime, examination of business records of white collar criminals and many more.
Federal Agent Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are required to be performed by a federal agent:
- Involve in the investigation process of criminals and gather evidence.
- Enquires the witness of crimes and issue search warrants to check the suspected criminal’s properties.
- Prosecute criminals and submit the evidence that were gathered.
- Investigate issues such as drug trafficking and kidnapping.
- Conduct surveillance by frequently travelling around the country to monitor the activities of criminals.
Federal Agent Skills and Specifications
- Good computing skills and sound knowledge in information technologies and computer science.
- Good language control, ability to speak more than two languages and ability to lead a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and also take decisions at times of emergency.
Federal Agent Education and Qualification
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, accounting or any field of interest.
- A minimum of three years of experience is necessary for the undergraduate candidates.
- Candidates must clear physical examinations which include vision, hearing and fitness tests.
- Candidates must be citizens of the United States and the age limit is above 23 and below 37.
- Internship programs that are available for budding careers can be taken by aspiring candidates.
Federal Agent Salary
The average income of federal agent is found to be $94,000 per annum and may increase with promotions to higher positions.