Forensic Scientist Job Profile and Description:
Forensic scientists or investigators are involved in the resolution of criminal cases usually working in a laboratory environment or setting. The forensic scientist also has certain additional job demands like keeping of records, filing detailed reports that will outline his findings in a comprehensive manner, presenting his version of the probable events of the case especially if the criminal case proceeds to the court and so on.
It is a tough and challenging job, which requires immense work experience as well as a solid educational foundation. The job profile of the forensic scientist is quite interesting, as it has been glamorized in popular culture.
Forensic Scientist Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the forensic scientist are as follows:
- To solve criminal cases by their expertise and technical knowledge of biological data, and submit these findings in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- To have the expertise and confidence to appear in court as witnesses to the proceedings of a criminal case in which the forensic scientist has played a critical role.
- Keeping records and organizing data since this data is crucial as evidence in the courtroom proceedings of the case.
Forensic Scientist Skill and Specifications:
The skills and job specifications of a forensic scientist are as follows:
- Strong communication skills are needed especially in case of appearances as witness in the court. The ability to work as a team with forensic technicians is also very important.
- Skill and a strong scientific understanding are needed in the job. The ability to interpret the relevance of even the minutest piece of evidence is critical.
Forensic Scientist Education and Qualifications:
The educational qualifications of a forensic scientist are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in forensic science or natural science.
- Master’s degree in forensic science, DNA analysis or ballistics.
- Certification from required agencies.
Forensic Scientist Salary:
The forensic scientist earns around a salary of 40,000 to 90,000 USD per annum.
Sales Director Career Description
Pharmaceutical Sales Career Description
Auto Sales Career Description
Sales Manager Career Description
Sales Trading Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description
General Practitioner Career Description
Visual Merchandiser Career Description
Mortgage Broker Career Description