Hair Stylist Profile and Description
Any individual who has a knack for hair styling or hair dressing can be called as a hair stylist but if talking in formal terms, a hair stylist is a person who works for a salon or hair styling center and creates wonderful hair styles. A hair stylist might require formal training before plunging into the job and must be creative enough to satisfy clients with desired hair-dos. Hair stylists can even work independently and make a mark for themselves.
Hair Stylist Duties and Responsibilities
Here’s a look at the major duties and responsibilities of a hair stylist:
- It is the job responsibility of a hair stylist to give the client a hair wash if required.
- Another job duty of a hair stylist is to check the hair quality of the client and measure the hair length to suggest a perfect hair style.
- The hair stylist must enquire the client about the occasion or event so that a fitting hair style can be suggested.
- He/she must then work on the hair style of the client.
Hair Stylist Skills and Specifications
The following are the skills which are needed by a person who wants to become a hair stylist:
- A hair stylist must be open to new ideas and should be very creative in nature.
- He/she must have the knowledge of the hair treatment and different techniques which are required to make a good hair style.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are an attribute of a good hair stylist.
- He/she must be persuasive, dedicated, attentive and trained.
Hair Stylist Education and Qualifications
A hair stylist needs the following educational qualifications:
- A hair stylist needs no formal education but should be a trained professional.
- A course in cosmetology may be useful.
- A hair stylist with a licensure is preferred over the one without a licensure.
- A person who wants to become a hair stylist must satisfy the minimum age requirement.
Hair Stylist Salary
A hair stylist earns an average median salary of $23000 in a year.