Hotel Management Job Profile and Description
A hotel manager is an individual who is responsible for managing the day to day operations of a hotel. They also have to ensure that the hotel staff is working properly following the rules and regulations of the hotel. They are also responsible for the financial accountability and budgeting of the hotel. A hotel manager has to plan, organize and direct all the services of the hotel which includes reception and concierge services, making reservations for rooms, housekeeping and food and beverage services. In some hotels a hotel manager may also have to look after the marketing of the hotel. A hotel manager must develop strategies that will help in increasing the profit of the hotel.
Hotel Management Duties and Responsibilities
The various duties and responsibilities of a hotel manager are as follows:
- Managing the budget of the hotel
- Recruiting new staff and training them
- Supervising the duties of staff of all department
- Marketing the hotel business in order to maximize profits
- Ensuring that all the policies and procedures of the hotel are followed
- Ensuring that the guests have a proper stay and attended whenever required
- Attending to complaints of the hotel guests and solving them
- Ensuring that safety measures are taken and security is effective
Hotel Management Skills and Specifications
The skills required to become a hotel manager are as follows:
- Must have good managerial skills
- Needs to have excellent leadership skills
- Should have good communication skills
- Needs to have good interpersonal skills.
Hotel Management Education and Qualification
The educational qualification required to work in the field of hotel management depends on the position in which an individual is working. The education qualification required is as follows:
- Bachelors degree in hospitality management
- Masters degree in hotel management.
Hotel Management Salary
The average annual salary of a hotel management job is $96000.