Industrial Designer Profile and Description
Industrial designers are responsible for creating the solution of designs for various products that are practical as well as suitable for the manufacturing. The designers are responsible for all things we get to see in our life These include everything from chairs to cutler, computers to wall clocks and water bottles to refrigerators.
They also make specialized products like electronics, medical and telecom equipment. They aim to improve how the present product will look and how their costs can be lowered. They also develop new products.
Industrial Designer Duties and Responsibilities
Some of the common duties and responsibilities that an industrial designer has to discharge include the following:
- Working with consulting managers and clients about design requirements.
- Negotiating and agreeing budgets, contracts and time scales and clarifying all the design issues.
- Sketching primary design ideas.
- Investigating the appropriate materials and production process.
- Producing sketches and sampling designs.
- Testing the product designs by using prototypes, models, and specialized computer software like CAD technology.
- Maintaining awareness about the current design influences and trends.
- Liaising with the marketing, production and sales team.
- Identifying availability and suitability of raw materials.
- Correcting the fault of recalls.
- Presenting sample, designs and final presentations to clients
Industrial Designer Skills and Specifications
The core skills and specifications that an industrial designer must have include the following:
- Good spatial and visual awareness.
- Well developed creative and technical skills.
- Proficiency in computers especially with designing software.
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills.
Industrial Designer Education and Qualification
The most important educational qualifications that an academic advisor must have are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial design or any other relevant field.
- At least five years experience in designing industrial products or helping the senior designer as an assistant.
Industrial Designer Salary
An industrial designer can draw an average annual salary of $89,570 including perks and bonuses. Salaries increase with experience.
Game Designer Career Description
Web Designer Career Description
Set Designer Career Description
Package Designer Career Description
Logo Designer Career Description
Interior Designer Career Description
Graphic Designer Career Description
Video Game Designer Career Description
Fashion Designer Career Description
Designer Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description