Jewellery Designer Job Profile and Description
Jewelry designers are professionals who posses creative and visualizing skills for creating different types of jewels. Jewelry designer designs jewelry using various techniques like 3D-modelling, computer aided design, 3D construction and other similar techniques.
A jewel designer makes use of his creative and practical skills to design the jewelry and is a very complex process which involves a series of steps before the original product is created.
Jewelry Designer Duties and Responsibilities
- Create or draw designs or models using computer or on paper.
- Make moulds of his design using wax or any cheap metal.
- Communicate with the clients to find out if he is satisfied with the design and remodel if necessary as per the client’s requirements.
- Make designs that are attractive enough for the clients.
- Meet the expectations of clients by using metal, gems or stones as per their interests.
Jewelry Designer Skills and Specifications
- Good knowledge about the metals and precious stones.
- Excellent people skills and communication skills are required in order to communicate with the clients from all over the world.
- Knowledge of designing software like CAD, 3D-modelling, Photoshop etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to pay attention to details.
- Good colour sense along with creative and innovative vision.
Jewelry Designer Education and Qualification
- A bachelor’s degree in jewellery designing or any field related to fine arts.
- Candidates can join as apprentices to learn the skills from an expertise.
- Taking coursework in jewel designing can be added advantage.
- Training and experience in jewellery fabrication and gemmology can help one become successful in their career.
Jewelry Designer Salary
The average income of a jewel designer is found to be $62,000 per annum and it varies depending up on the skills and qualification of the jewel designer.