Logo Designer Career Profile and Description
In a broad sense, a logo designer is responsible for the design and execution of various creative concepts for the marketing and web solutions of a particular organization. They are involved in the development of various branding materials of the company such as the logos, collaterals, flyers etc. A detailed knowledge of graphic design, layout design and typography is required on the part of a logo designer in order to serve the job well.
Logo Designer Duties and Responsibilities
The major tasks and responsibilities as a logo designer are as follows:
- Creating layouts by implementing the appropriate design principles.
- Working from rough instructions to prepare layouts including online promotions, digital signage and online demos etc.
- Designing logos and collateral materials as per the specifications of the clients.
- Coordinating with the design director in all phases of project development.
- Creating and modifying Illustrator vector graphics.
- Providing creative and functional design solutions to clients.
- Managing the multiple branding and identity projects.
- Sketching logo and word mark ideas in coordination with the fellow designers.
- Creating posters or mailers for internal use.
Logo Designer Skills and Specifications
The abilities and competencies required are as follows:
- Thorough knowledge of the current standards used in the online media.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, Adobe InDesign etc.
- Strong background in design and branding.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and urge to learn latest digital media technologies.
- Ability to manage time efficiently.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and to meet deadlines successfully.
Logo Designer Education and Qualification
- Bachelor degree in Advertising/Graphic design/ Web Design or any related field.
- Candidates having advertising design portfolio containing layouts and animations, will be preferred.
- Certified logo designers will be given preference.
Logo Designer Salary
The average salary for the logo designer jobs is $45,000. It can increase with the increase in the experience levels.