Marketing Manager Career Profile and Description
A marketing manager is responsible for all the business development activities of the organization. The key roles of the professionals include marketing product development, strategic partnership management, evaluations of sales figures and field technical service.
These professionals work in coordination with the clients, sales teams and production teams to create and implement various marketing activities effectively. To be a successful manager, one must utilize the best marketing practices prevalent in the industry.
Marketing Manager Duties and Responsibilities
The essential job functions of a marketing manager are as follows:
- Creating and implementing product marketing plans.
- Analyzing the sales report and the industry trends for the product line and developing new plans accordingly.
- Troubleshooting various marketing problems of the clients.
- Handling special projects, as and when required.
- Developing value proposition for the target companies.
- Conducting the promotional and account management activities.
- Working with the content team and graphic designers to finalize marketing deliverables.
- Conducting client email campaigns.
- Participating in marketing events such as trade shows and customer meetings.
- Developing case studies relating to the specific marketing plans.
Marketing Manager Skills and Specifications
The required soft skills for a successful marketing manager are as follows:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Sound negotiation skills.
The required technical skills are as follows:
- Working knowledge of HTML editor.
- Proficient in Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc.
- Working knowledge of Windows XP/NT/2000 and advanced browsing software.
- Sound knowledge of SQL database.
Marketing Manager Education and Qualification
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Marketing Management/eCommerce or any business related discipline.
- Past experience in a financial industry preferred.
- Familiarity with audience targeting will be a plus.
Marketing Manager Salary
The marketing managers get an average annual salary of $108,580. The salary however differs according to the type of companies such as communication company, Investment Company or any scientific research company.