Pharmaceutical Sales Job Profile and Description:
A pharmaceutical sales agent is required to sell pharmaceutical products, affiliated to a drug or pharmaceutical company, to clients in the medicine industry. This involves considerable hard work as the sales agent is required to move from one client to another, which requires considerable physical toil and long hours of travel. This also involves considerable knowledge about the product being sold and pharmaceutical operations in general. This kind of work is known as outside sales.
Pharmaceutical Sales Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the duties and responsibilities of a pharmaceutical sales agent:
- Building of effective networking skills and establishing lasting relationships with clients in the field of medicine.
- To create a demand for the drug or pharmaceutical product being sold so that profitability increases.
- To demonstrate complete control over the product and allay any fears or doubts the client may have with regards to the efficacy of the product.
- Provide extensive after sales service including following up on complaints and so on.
Pharmaceutical Sales Skills and Specifications:
The skills and specifications of a pharmaceutical sales agent are as follows:
- Organization skills are extremely important for a pharmaceutical agent. The ability to map out target areas and fulfil the sales quota of the week or the month is crucial.
- Effective presentation skills are also necessary since the client is to be persuaded by a thorough demonstration of the pros and cons of the pharmaceutical product.
- At least 2 to 3 years experience in outside sales as a pharmaceutical sales agent is demanded by most large and reputed drug companies.
Pharmaceutical Sales Education and Qualification:
The educational qualifications of a pharmaceutical sales agent are as follows:
- High school certificate or equivalent GED
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy with focus on epidemiology, pharmacology, biotechnology.
Pharmaceutical Sales Salary:
The salary earned per annum by such an individual varies from 40,000USD to 70,000 USD depending on the company affiliated to, commission and so on.
Sales Director Career Description
Forensic Scientist Career Description
Auto Sales Career Description
Sales Manager Career Description
Sales Trading Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description
General Practitioner Career Description
Visual Merchandiser Career Description
Mortgage Broker Career Description