Print Journalism Job Profile and Description:
Print journalism refers to writers, communists and reporters who work for newspapers and news magazines. Print journalism, though similar to other forms of journalism, require a slightly different skill set and understanding of technicalities.
The print journalist not only serves as a reporter who can be asked to work under any condition depending on the niche he works in, he may also have to write his own copies. Thus, print journalism involves a multifaceted skill set and the job profile is quite interesting.
Print Journalism Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the print journalist are as follows:
- Print journalists must report to areas where news is being made and give a tacit and correct, objective report of the same. However, since this is specifically print journalism that is being involved, the journalist must write his own copies, either for direct publishing or to be sent to the copy editor.
- A print journalist also has to ensure that his news is correct and factual, as he has a greater responsibility to the society he belongs to.
Print Journalism Skills and Specifications:
The skills and specifications of the print journalist are as follows:
- Complete proficiency in MS Office Suit especially MS Word as copy articles must be submitted to the editor in impeccable grammar, format and so on.
- Verbal dexterity as a print journalist must be able to present the news report perfectly with no mistakes.
- Objective and factual bent of mind to understand the constitution of what we know as news.
- Flexibility of work hours, working under harsh conditions and frequent travel to remote locations.
Print Journalism Education and Qualifications:
The educational qualifications of a print journalist are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree is Mass Communication, Journalism or any Humanities subject.
- Master’s degree in Mass Communication or Journalism.
- Diploma in Journalism
Print Journalism Salary:
A print journalist earns between 30,000 and 70,000 USD per annum depending on the news agency he is affiliated with.