Sales Representative Job Profile and Description:
The job profile of a sales representative is varied and diverse. It includes the expansion of customer base and outlining plans for the same. The sales representative shall not only investigate sales leads but also plan a closing in onto target areas. He or she will also set sales goals which will not only meet the company’s vision, but will also increase profitability.
The day to day working of the sales department of the company will be his or her forte and juniors working under him or her will have to report to the sales representative.
Sales Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the duties and responsibilities of the sales representative:
- To showcase technical knowledge about the product to be sold in the target areas, and create consumer interest in the product.
- Creation of a sales plan with the help of the sales manager which will outline his role in the coming fiscal year and generate strategies to increase sales in general.
- Is in charge of maintaining detailed records of all sales, and to follow up on each individual case through sales calls, closed calls and so on.
Sales Representative Skills and Specifications:
The skills and job specifications of the sales representative are as follows:
- At least 4 to 6 years experience with a large organization.
- Understanding of Supplier relationship management.
- Willingness to accommodate odd hours and travel with the sales manager as part of a team of sales professionals.
- The ability to set realistic sales target quotas and achieve them in the deadline given.
Sales Representative Education and Qualification:
The following education and job specific qualifications are a must:
- A bachelor’s degree in sales or business administration.
- Training and certification is certain fields like Pharma sales.
Sales Representative Salary:
A sales representative earns around 60,000 USD per annum.