Supply Chain Management Job Profile And Description
A supply chain management career is one where a manager takes responsibility of monitoring the various steps that are required for developing a product from its initial to the final stage when it is ready to be sold to consumers in the market. He is part of creating the product right from the stage of planning, then manufacturing, to handling the various logistics and distribution of the products so that it can be made and sold in time. His primary responsibility is to make sure that he comes up strategies that are the most efficient, fast and cost-effective so that he can keep up a profitable supply chain and develop and distribute products in a smooth manner.
Supply Chain Management Duties And Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a supply chain manager will involve:
- Supervising the procurement of all raw materials required to develop and manufacture the product
- Interacting with vendors and manufacturers to check if the right kind of materials are supplied in the most inexpensive way
Supply Chain Management Skills And Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a supply chain manager include:
- One needs to have excellent organisational, communication and networking skills to be able to interact well with vendors, clients and customers
- He must be hardworking and may have to travel a lot
Supply Chain Management Education And Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a supply chain manager are as follows:
- The minimum requirement is a bachelor’s degree in business management or an MBA with specialisation in sales and marketing
- Most companies seek people with at least 3 years’ work experience
Supply Chain Management Salary
The annual salary of a supply chain manager can range from $65,000 to $97,000 and he may also get bonuses or get profit sharing benefits.