Web Designer Career Profile and Description
A web designer is a creative professional, who have the capability to transform creative concepts into digital masterpieces using the various software. They are responsible for designing various websites for various clients. They also work on projects, which include site redesigns, flash movies, animations and static banners.
For the web designers, it is essential that; they conceptualize and illustrate the ideas in such a manner, so as to present them in a remarkable way. They should always remain updated with the latest web designing technology and tools, so as to perform their task in a better way.
Web Designer Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of a web designer are as follows:
- Developing and maintaining various websites.
- Developing site content and graphics.
- Developing Photoshop/Illustrator comps.
- Constructing product wide style guides.
- Analyzing and evaluating front end designs and implementing effective solutions.
- Researching user centered design techniques and methodologies.
- Designing prototypes for user testing and design solutions.
- Creating and maintaining the design style guide and the user experience guidelines.
- Creating flash movies, animated banners and static banners.
- Creating online store fronts.
- Optimizing the banners for increased clicks and sales.
- Optimizing the whole website.
- Leading the whole design lifecycle by utilizing site maps, wireframes, prototypes and page flows.
Web Designer Skills and Specifications
The skills and competencies required for a web designer are as follows:
- Strong knowledge of Adobe CS, HTML 5, CSS3, Dreamweaver and Flash.
- In-depth knowledge of typography and page layout.
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to work in Windows XP and Windows 7 environments.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Sound knowledge of ASP programming and SQL.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Web Designer Education and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design/Web Design/ Visual Communication or any related education field.
- Candidates with experience in designing websites for mobile phones will be preferred.
- Candidates with strong experience in designing with web and print mediums will be preferred.
- Experience with corporate design setting is a plus.
Web Designer Salary
With a starting salary range between $35,000 and $38,000, the salary for the experienced holders is in the range $47,000 to $71,500.