Financial Analyst Job Profile and Description
A financial analyst normally works with a brokerage firm and primary job responsibilities include evaluating securities and offering ratings or recommendations. A financial analyst offers different ratings for various securities including Buy, Strong Buy, Accumulate, Hold, Strong Sell, and Sell. A financial firm uses such ratings to offer the right guide to their clients so that the client can take an informed decision.
A financial analyst can also work with investment management firms also known as buy side firms. The role of financial analysts in such firms is to research various reports that identify securities and provide accurate information on securities to be introduced into investment portfolios.
Financial Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a financial analyst will involve:
- Analyze various financial information in order to produce forecasts of a business, the industry, as well as economic conditions that enable investment decisions
- Evaluation and comparison of the relative quality of different types of securities within a specific industry
- Interpretation of data that affects various investment programs. Data will include yield, price, stability, economic influences, and future trends.
- Monitor all types of economic, corporate, and industrial developments
- · Develop technical reports using spreadsheets, charts and graphs
Financial Analyst Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required by a financial analyst include:
- Mathematical and statistical problem solving skills
- Ability to make proper judgment and take decisions based on market movements
- Knowledge and understanding of system evaluation and system analysis
- · Strong active listening and complex problem solving skills
Financial Analyst Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a financial analyst are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, business, or statistics
- Certification in Microsoft Office Skills
- · 0-5 years of relevant work experience
Financial Analyst Salary
The salary of a financial analyst can vary from $39,174 to $60,112 and the median expected salary in the US is $49, 410.