Financial Analyst Job Profile and Description
A financial analyst normally works with a brokerage firm and primary job responsibilities include evaluating securities and offering ratings or recommendations. A financial analyst offers different ratings for various securities including Buy, Strong Buy, Accumulate, Hold, Strong Sell, and Sell. A financial firm uses such ratings to offer the right guide to their clients so that the client can take an informed decision.
A financial analyst can also work with investment management firms also known as buy side firms. The role of financial analysts in such firms is to research various reports that identify securities and provide accurate information on securities to be introduced into investment portfolios.
Financial Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a financial analyst will involve:
- Analyze various financial information in order to produce forecasts of a business, the industry, as well as economic conditions that enable investment decisions
- Evaluation and comparison of the relative quality of different types of securities within a specific industry
- Interpretation of data that affects various investment programs. Data will include yield, price, stability, economic influences, and future trends.
- Monitor all types of economic, corporate, and industrial developments
- · Develop technical reports using spreadsheets, charts and graphs
Financial Analyst Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required by a financial analyst include:
- Mathematical and statistical problem solving skills
- Ability to make proper judgment and take decisions based on market movements
- Knowledge and understanding of system evaluation and system analysis
- · Strong active listening and complex problem solving skills
Financial Analyst Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a financial analyst are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, business, or statistics
- Certification in Microsoft Office Skills
- · 0-5 years of relevant work experience
Financial Analyst Salary
The salary of a financial analyst can vary from $39,174 to $60,112 and the median expected salary in the US is $49, 410.
Financial Analyst Job Profile and Descriptions
The Financial Analyst plays a key role in the organization to maintain an effective financial management. Financial analysts deal with the analysis, examination, and help in effective decision making concerning to financial investments. Financial analysts are experts who prepare reports for the organization on the researched results. Most financial analysts work in banks, stock brokerages, corporations, government agencies and insurance companies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting a common financial analysis of finance reports acquired from various departments like marketing, sales, purchase, communication, production and so on.
- Developing effective and new effective techniques and processes for financial planning, therefore rendering quality service to the customers.
- Developing appropriate financial methods and procedures of measuring and evaluating marketing performance.
- Monitoring of accounting reconciliations and procedures.
- Evaluating business proposals with comprehensive analysis of monetary impact on business.
- Predicting and evaluating marketing expenses and returns.
- Developing new capabilities for the improvement of processes and effectiveness of spend.
- Serving as a great resource to finance team members and marketing partners on financial measures and analytical methods.
- Providing linkage across organization of analytical methods and definitions used in analysis and reporting of acquisition and base offers, valuation of customers and health of the customer base.
Skills and Specifications
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of business operations and strategy including cost components, business processes.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Superior analytical abilities, team working capabilities, and result oriented nature.
- Detailed approach towards minimal things.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or any related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Accounting.
Teacher Career Description
Computer Engineer Career Description
Engineering Career Description
Auditor Career Description
Financial Advisor Career Description
Interior Design Career Description
Sample Job Description
Medical Career Descriptions
Athletic Trainer Career Description
Pharmacist Career Description
Medical Assistant Career Description
Veterinary Technician Career Description