Geologist Profile and Description
A geologist is an individual who has acquired the knowledge and expertise to study and conduct research on the earth’s structure, crust, composition etc. Geologists study rocks, minerals as well as fossils so as to find the processes that the earth’s crust must have undergone to result in the present conditions. Geologists apply mathematics, science, chemistry and physics to interpret existing data. Let’s find out more about the career of a geologist.
Geologist Duties and Responsibilities
A geologist may have to perform a number of duties and tasks. Given in the following lines are a few of the duties of a geologist:
- A geologist studies and interprets the available data and information and tries to find out the connection between these findings.
- A geologist is responsible for attending conferences, meetings etc with other geologists.
- They apply applied software for the assessment of the geological data.
- They use equipments like gravimeters; torsion balances etc to measure the characteristics of earth’s crust.
Geologist Skills and Specifications
The following are a few of the skills possessed by a geologist:
- A geologist must have good oral and written communication skills and the power of critical thinking.
- They must have an analytical mind and should be able to interpret data by being observant, dedicated and hardworking.
- Complex problem solving ability and decision making are the other skills required.
Geologist Education and Qualifications
The following educational qualifications are required by a person who wants to be a geologist:
- Bachelor’s degree in geology is a must for anyone who wants to be a geologist.
- Courses in subjects like mineralogy, thermal physics etc can also prove to be useful for aspiring geologists.
- Some states might require geologists to be registered or certified as well.
On an average, a geologist earns about $84000 in a year.
Hematologist Profile and Description
A hematologist is a professional working in the field of medical sciences and healthcare and has expertise in blood related diseases and illnesses. A hematologist works in hospitals and other medical facilities and specializes in areas such as sickle cell anemia, genetic disorders and leukemia etc. a person who is a hematologist in a hospital is responsible for various kinds of tasks and must have the proper educational qualifications to work at this position.
Hematologist Duties and Responsibilities
A hematologist has to perform various job duties and responsibilities. The following is a list of the major duties and responsibilities of a hematologist:
- A hematologist working in a hospital is responsible for looking at blood slides and even the bone marrow slides so as to check and analyst the findings and giving out the test results.
- A hematologist is also responsible for prescribing oral medication to the patients and suggesting bone marrow transplants to those who require it.
- A hematologist’s duties also include conducting research on new treatment methods.
Hematologist Skills and Specifications
There are many skills which are required from a person who is working as a hematologist. The following is a list of a few:
- A hematologist must possess exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- A hematologist must be caring and loving in nature and should be extremely dedicated towards his duties.
- He/she should possess exceptional interpersonal skills.
Hematologist Education and Qualifications
A hematologist must possess the following given educational qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree is a must for any person who wants to become a hematologist.
- 4 years of medical school degree is also required.
- 2-6 years of residency within medicine department is a must for any person who wants to become a hematologist.
An average median salary of a hematologist is about $265645.
Cake Decorator Profile and Description
A cake decorator is any individual who has gained exceptional training in cake making and cake decoration. A cake decorator is responsible for designing, constructing and embellishing baked cakes. This career field requires those individuals who are extremely creative in nature and are ready to create pastries and cakes for various occasions and events. This profession is gaining a lot of attention these days due to the willingness of people to pay for expensive cakes.
Cake Decorator Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the duties and responsibilities of a cake decorator:
- A cake decorator is responsible for making a draft for creative cakes.
- A cake decorator’s duty is to prepare cakes as per the specifications of the client.
- It is the duty of a cake decorator is to maintain a clean working area and tracking inventory supply as well.
- He/she is also responsible for clicking photographs of cakes for future reference.
Cake Decorator Skills and Specifications
To become a cake decorator, the following given skills and specifications are required from a person:
- A cake decorator must know all the methods of cake baking and cake designing.
- A cake decorator must be extremely creative in nature and must be ready to take risks and do experiments with cake designing.
- A cake decorator should be dedicated, hard working and willing to work for long durations.
- A cake decorator must also be willing to learn new techniques.
Cake Decorator Education and Qualifications
The following qualifications are required from a person who wants to be a cake decorator:
- No formal education qualifications are required for this profession but a course in cake decoration can be done to obtain certification.
- They must pass a 1-day practical examination to be able to become a cake decorator.
Cake Decorator Salary
A cake decorator earns about $23000 on an average per year.