Computer Programmer Job Profile and Description:
The primary task of computer programmers is to provide instructions which the computer can follow. In other words, they convert the software programs created by software programmers and developers into a form which a computer can read. There are many aspects to this job, including handling of programs, operation and troubleshooting to ensure that the computer program does not crash at any time.
The field has witnessed an enormous growth in the last 20 or 30 years and therefore, it has expanded too much to be narrowly defined or described. Computer programming today involves many layers and different kinds of work which have their own needs and job profiles.
Computer Programmer Duties and Responsibilities:
Generally, a computer programmer duties and responsibilities include:
- To create a program that is sustainable and user-friendly.
- To correct errors in the program and checking that it is error free by running trials.
- Update, maintain and record crucial data needed for running computer programs. Discuss with the staff of the management, engineering and technical departments to understand the intention of the program and the target client.
Computer Programmer Skills and Specifications:
The skills and specifications of a computer programmer are as follows:
- Skills to analyse the work of fellow programmers and personnel working under the computer programmer.
- Proficiency in the computer programming languages to be most used by the programmer and in other languages, besides.
- Certification and work experience as necessary by specific companies.
Computer Programmer Education and Qualifications:
The educational qualifications of a computer programmer are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Graduate Certification in Computer Programming
Computer Programmer Salary:
Computer programmers earn anything between 40,000 USD to 90,000 USD depending the on position, work experience and place of work of individual programmers.