Computer Programmer Job Profile and Description:
The primary task of computer programmers is to provide instructions which the computer can follow. In other words, they convert the software programs created by software programmers and developers into a form which a computer can read. There are many aspects to this job, including handling of programs, operation and troubleshooting to ensure that the computer program does not crash at any time.
The field has witnessed an enormous growth in the last 20 or 30 years and therefore, it has expanded too much to be narrowly defined or described. Computer programming today involves many layers and different kinds of work which have their own needs and job profiles.
Computer Programmer Duties and Responsibilities:
Generally, a computer programmer duties and responsibilities include:
- To create a program that is sustainable and user-friendly.
- To correct errors in the program and checking that it is error free by running trials.
- Update, maintain and record crucial data needed for running computer programs. Discuss with the staff of the management, engineering and technical departments to understand the intention of the program and the target client.
Computer Programmer Skills and Specifications:
The skills and specifications of a computer programmer are as follows:
- Skills to analyse the work of fellow programmers and personnel working under the computer programmer.
- Proficiency in the computer programming languages to be most used by the programmer and in other languages, besides.
- Certification and work experience as necessary by specific companies.
Computer Programmer Education and Qualifications:
The educational qualifications of a computer programmer are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Graduate Certification in Computer Programming
Computer Programmer Salary:
Computer programmers earn anything between 40,000 USD to 90,000 USD depending the on position, work experience and place of work of individual programmers.
Computer programmer job description and profile
Different operations require different kinds of software and many software applications are customized to meet the requirements of a particular client. A computer programmer is a person who develops these software applications as per the need of the project. He also tests the software to ensure that it works efficiently for all requirements. Programmers are required in all fields that use computers.
Computer programmer duties and responsibilities
- Creating a step by step program, which when executed, runs as per the requirement of the client
- Meet with clients and understand their requirements precisely
- Write trial programs and test them for errors
- Correct errors if any and work on the final software that will be handed over to the client
- Keep in touch with the performance of the software and write upgrades if needs of the clients expand
- Monitor and regularly test all software applications in the company
- Work towards making the software compatible with different platforms so that it can be used by a wider number of people
- May have to lead a team of programmers or work as a team member
- May have to take up training of fresh entrants
- Be in the know-how about latest developments in the programming industry and learn about updates
Computer programmer skills and specifications
- A thorough knowledge regarding computer programming languages
- Ability to understand and write programs that precisely meet the needs of the client
- High level of accuracy and a keen eye for detail
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to solve problems in the software
- Good communication skills
- High level of creativity to think new approaches to software development
- Ability to work under stress and submit work within deadlines
- Ability to regularly upgrade programming skills
- Good team spirit
Computer programmer education and qualification
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science and engineering or information technology
Computer programmer salary
- Programmers earn high salaries based on their expertise
- Salary ranges between $65,000 and $120,000 per year
Desktop Publisher Career Description
Data Entry Career Description
Software Developer Career Description
3D Animator Career Description
3D Animation Career Description
Game Programmer Career Description
Graphic Artist Career Description
Programmer Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description