Construction Management Job Profile And Description
Construction management is a field where one takes responsibility of supervising the different aspects of a construction project and monitoring the progress so that it meets the objectives and is completed within the deadline. Like the management of any other field, here also one has to set certain goals and create strategies to meet those targets. A construction manager has to allot a budget for the project and inspect if the money is being utilized properly. He has to meet suppliers and property owners to discuss the project and make sure all the necessary progress is taking place at the every stage. He may also have to hire and train employees who will be part of the project and analyze their performance.
Construction Management Duties And Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a construction manager will involve:
- Take responsibility of the management of the facility maintenance and also handle all the employees who are working in the construction of new buildings
- Some of them are also in charge of maintenance work and write regular reports after inspecting the construction site
- Supervise their performance, ensure that deadlines are met and all the regulations are followed
Construction Management Skills And Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a construction manager include:
- Good communication, leadership and networking skills
- Must be good with numbers and have organizational skills
- Negotiation skills are also important as one has to talk to clients and vendors and get the best deal
Construction Management Education And Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a construction manager are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree or master’s in civil engineering or an MBA
- Can study subjects like math, statistics, business administration etc
Construction Management Salary
The average salary of a construction manager is $84,000 per year which can go up depending on the project.
Construction Management Profile and Description
The construction management specialist has the very important duty of managing every construction work and ensuring that things are operating in the desired fashion. From planning and direct to coordinating and budgeting are carried out by them either through subordinate supervisory personnel or by themselves. Their activities include everything from maintenance of structures, facilities to participating in the conceptual development of a construction project. Overseeing the construction of a structure and its related scheduling and implementation are highly imperative.
Construction Management Job Description Duties And Responsibilities
- Scheduling the project in logical steps and budgeting the time which is required to meet deadlines.
- Determining labor requirements and then dispatching workers to construction sites in accordance to the need.
- Inspecting and reviewing projects that the buildings are being constructed following the safety codes, and other regulations.
- Interpreting and explaining plans to administrative staff, workers, and clients.
- Preparing contracts and negotiating revisions, changes and making additions to the contractual agreements with architects, suppliers consultants, clients and subcontractors.
- Obtaining all necessary permits and directing the workers adequately.
- Ensuring that all supplies and materials needed to complete construction projects are present.
- Preparing and submitting of budget estimates and making progress and cost tracking reports.
Construction Management Skills and Specifications
- Critical thinking skills
- Great creative abilities
- Ability to communicate with all types of individuals
- Highly organized
- Skillful in matters of supervision and management
Construction Management Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business management with adequate amount of information about the world of construction is highly desirable.
- Five to ten years experience in related field is an added advantage
Construction Management Salary
Construction managers earn between $47,000 and $146,000. However, the wages often fluctuate in relation to the state, the industry in which they are working etc.
Architectural Drafter Career Description
Landscape Architecture Career Description
Architecture Career Description
Architect Career Description
Roofer Career Description
Welding Engineer Career Description
Plumber Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description
General Practitioner Career Description