RooferJob Profile And Description
A roofer is someone who repairs, maintains and installs the roof of a building. Every type of construction worker has a different responsibility. While some may be experts in stonework while others in woodwork. Roofers have the required training to put the roof in a house in the correct manner and must follow all the safety rules and regulations. He is part of the construction team and must follow the instructions of the manager who will tell him what type of roof and design the client wants. Based on that, he installs the roof to suit the requirements of the client and also uses different materials and techniques. He may have to work in different conditions including very hot or wet weather and hence must be physically fit.
RooferDuties And Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a roofer will involve:
- He installs or repairs the roof of a house which protects it from rain and sunshine
- He can use different materials like asphalt, tin, rubber or tar to protect the roof
- He will have to lift heavy materials and may be at risk of an injury of he is not careful
RooferSkills And Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a roofer include:
- He must be physically fit and be able to do heavy lifting
- He should be comfortable with heights and work in different conditions for long hours
RooferEducation And Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a roofer are as follows:
- No formal degree is required as even a high school dropout can become a roofer
- They are trained on the job or work with an experienced roofer for a few years to get the necessary experience and training
The average salary of a roofer is $8.75 to $12 per hour but those with experience can also get $24.
Roofer Profile and Description
Roofers have the task of installing new roofs and repairing those roofs that are already constructed but are in bad shape. Often roofs consist of leaks or other problems which are fixed by the roofers. These people have to deal with a lot of danger for they run the risk of slipping and falling from the roof. These people mostly work in summer months than in winter months and in both residential and commercial and residential fields. The duties and responsibilities of the roofers are described below.
Roofer Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspecting different composition of roofing tiles and metal roofs in order to detect and deal with leaks.
- Removing old roofs, installing roof insulation and performing all repairs in order to deal with leaking and damaged roofs.
- Installing composition shingles, flashing, slate shingles and roofing tiles to the roofs.
- Applying cold process roof coatings and erecting rigging.
- Determining materials that are required for carrying out the repairing of roof, flashing of the repairs, and the installation of new roofs.
- Supervising other workmen and their work in carrying out the repair and replacement of roofs.
Roofer Skills and Specifications
- Good knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials etc
- Awareness about different techniques of roof repair and installation.
- Ability to work at great heights and inclined surfaces.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Should be able to understand oral and written instructions efficiently.
Roofer Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from a standard vocational or high school.
- Good amount of experience in roofing operations.
Median wages for stucco masons and plasterers in 2008 were $20.01 per hour. However, their wages often fluctuate in relation to the state, economy, the industry in which they are working.
Architectural Drafter Career Description
Landscape Architecture Career Description
Architecture Career Description
Architect Career Description
Welding Engineer Career Description
Plumber Career Description
Construction Management Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description
General Practitioner Career Description