3D Animation Job Profile and Description:
A 3D animator works primarily in the two extremely popular fields of films and gaming. He combines in himself and his work, the unique properties of science and art to produce a visually stunning effect. 3D animation is in vogue nowadays as the efficacy of this method or tool has been recognised.
Its popularity in the fields of film and gaming are supplemented by its use in other allied areas as professionals in special effects, character animation, conceptualising storylines, storyboard edition and so on. Thus, this mode of working has been gaining recognition and critical acclaim from various quarters, and is one of the most popular career choices of the youth.
3D Animation Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of a 3D animator are as follows:
- To discuss, plan and conceptualise a project by negotiations and meetings with clients. This forms the first step of the project and is critical as the 3D animator will be involved in each stage of the project, from conceptualisation to implementation.
- To create an impact by his works, and to meet the specifications of the client in understanding and executing his vision.
3D Animation Skills and Specifications:
The skills and specifications of a 3D animator are as follows:
- Proficiency in computer software that will allow them to create a world of moving images.
- Understanding the technical nuances of the field they will work in is also a prerequisite for this job. For example, if the animator works in films, lighting, cinematography have to be understood.
- At least 5 years of experience as an intern or an apprentice with a large and reputed design firm or studio.
3D Animation Education and Qualifications:
The educational qualifications of a 3D animator include:
- Bachelor’s degree in digital animation.
- Certificate programs or associate degree programs in 3D animation
3D Animation Salary:
A 3D animation jobs offers salary between 40,000 USD -60,000 USD per annum, depending on job position and expertise.