Game Programmer Job Profile and Description:
A game programmer, referring to individuals who design and execute video games meant to run on computers, is actually software professional who develops the codes that enables a particular game to run. This is an extremely varied field and given the ever-expanding nature of video games, and their multi-layered structures, a game programmer today specialises in any one or two aspects of game design.
For example, a game programmer might specialise in graphics, or audio. Each individual begins as a junior programmer and then specialises in any one area as mentioned before. Some of the other specialisation areas in the field of game programming include artificial intelligence, physics, and so on.
Game Programmer Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of a game programmer are:
- To conceptualise the game, make a document containing the codes for it, run the program, debug extensively and check and recheck till the program runs absolutely smoothly.
- To discuss, analyse and thrash out the game concept, design layout, graphics and so on. The game programmer, though specialising in one area, must participate in each stage of the development process.
Game Programmer Skills and Specifications:
The skills and specifications of a game programmer are as follows:
- To have a thorough idea of computer programming and software design.
- To be familiar with the various aspects of game programming like character edition, map, graphics and so on.
- To be intern to a game design firm for at least 2 years is a requisite imposed by many game design clients.
- Completion of one or more demo game projects.
Game Programmer Education and Qualifications:
The education and qualifications of a game programmer are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Information Systems or Computer Science.
- C++ certification.
Game Programmer Salary:
Game programmers can earn anything between 40,000 USD to 100,000 USD depending on their role and position.
Desktop Publisher Career Description
Data Entry Career Description
Software Developer Career Description
3D Animator Career Description
3D Animation Career Description
Graphic Artist Career Description
Computer Programmer Career Description
Programmer Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description