Graphic Artist Job Profile and Description:
Graphic artists work with software and their own artistic skill to provide a variety of work which can be seen across a diverse field of media like books [in the form of illustrations or book covers], newspapers, magazine, the internet, fashion, covers of albums, advertising, accessories and so on. It is an emergent field which has won wide critical recognition and has also been widely disseminated in popular imagination.
The graphic artist’s work can be seen in the form of website design, multimedia and so on. The range of work these artists can specialise in, in immense. From designing abstract tee shirt etchings to designing the company logo, graphic artists do it all.
Graphic Artist Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the graphic artist are as follows:
- To understand the concept on which he is required to work, either alone or as a team, by discussing fundamental aspects of the project with the authorities involved. The client’s budget, needs must be understood clearly in order to present a framework.
- To create a product which will convey the message, import or significance of the concept. The client’s need must be met through the visual presentation. It should have an impact and create a buzz.
- To create an independent setup, meet deadlines, and generally create an impact through the work done.
Graphic Artist Skills and Specifications:
The graphic artist skills and specifications include:
- Complete proficiency with software like Light Room, Photoshop and so on, which are inseparable from the work graphic artists are required to perform.
- Innate talent and an idea of the history and evolution of art.
Graphic Artist Education and Qualifications:
The degrees needed by the graphic artist include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Art and Aesthetics
- Associate degree in graphic design
Graphic Artist Salary:
They can earn between 40,000 USD to 90,000 USD per annum. This is very subjective, of course.