Paramedic Job Profile and Description
A Paramedic is a high level emergency medical technician who works for a medical facility to handle emergency cases. He/she provides medical aid and attention to those individuals who have been injured or are ill and require immediate medical help. Paramedics may work in a number of settings such as in rural areas, fire departments, police departments or other organisations etc. the following is a career description of a Paramedic:
Paramedic Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Paramedic will involve:
- A paramedic is required to immediate medical help to the sick and the injured people.
- It is the job duty of a Paramedic to examine the condition of the patients and conduct various appropriate tests on the patients.
- He/she must regularly monitor the condition of the patients and make detailed reports by noting down the readings of the tests etc.
- Another duty involves them to work with the various medical equipments etc.
Paramedic Skills and Specifications
The following are the skills required by a person to become a Paramedic:
- A Paramedic must possess exceptional presence of mind and ability to work in tough and difficult situations and emergency conditions.
- He/she must be a team player and should be possess knowledge of the field of medicine etc.
- He/she must be hardworking, compassionate and caring towards the patients.
Paramedic Education and Qualification
The educational qualifications of a Paramedic are given as follows:
- Many colleges offer two year training program for Paramedics which is a must for people interested in this field.
- Training and experience is a prerequisite so the individual must take up internships or training programs apart from classroom studies.
The average median salary of a person working as a Paramedic in a hospital or other facility is $63000.
Hygienist Career Description
Medical Researcher Career Description
Medical Transcription Career Description
Medical Secretary Career Description
Medical Dosimetrist Career Description
Medical Physicist Career Description
Medical Billing Coding Career Description
Medical Coding Career Description
Medical Technologist Career Description
Medical Doctor Career Description
Medical Assistant Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description