Immunologist Job Profile and Description
An Immunologist is a person who is trained and educated to treat those patients who are suffering from some kind of an immune-system disorder. Immunology is a study of complex immune system which comprises of a network of cells and the other organs which together help the body to resist and fight infections and the diseases.
Immunologist Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of an Immunologist are as follows:
- The main duty of an Immunologist is to prevent, diagnose, treat and monitor those disorders or diseases which are related to the immune system.
- It is the duty and responsibility of an immunologist to perform research and investigations on the cells, proteins and genes and study the interaction between them so that better ways to fight immune system diseases can be found out.
- Another duty and responsibility of an immunologist involves him/her to suggest tests and examine the test reports of the patients. They then prescribe the medicines or the right treatment for the cure of the condition.
Immunologist Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required to become an immunologist are given as follows:
- A caring attitude and diligent nature are the skills required by an immunologist.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Immunologist Education and Qualification
You must gain the following educational qualifications in order to become an immunologist:
- High school diploma is a prerequisite.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of medicine is the next major qualification required.
- A degree such as Ph. D, M.D. or D.O is required at the higher level.
- A minimum of three years of a residency training program is also very important for anyone who wants to become an immunologist.
The average median salary of an Immunologist lies between $50000 and $200000. This field has rapidly growing number of opportunities.
Hygienist Career Description
Medical Researcher Career Description
Medical Transcription Career Description
Medical Secretary Career Description
Medical Dosimetrist Career Description
Medical Physicist Career Description
Medical Billing Coding Career Description
Medical Coding Career Description
Medical Technologist Career Description
Medical Doctor Career Description
Medical Assistant Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description