Programmer Job Profile and Description:
A programmer, usually a computer programmer, is involved in providing complex or simple software instructions to a computer by virtue of which the computer can function smoothly. In other words, using a wide range of technical skills, programmers create applications which pertain to every facet of a computer’s operation, and ensure that there are no glitches in the system.
They create and develop software as well, like educational software, desktop publishing software and so on. The purpose of the work of a programmer is to design user-friendly and easy to operate programs for computers. This is a challenging job requiring considerable expertise and skills.
Programmer Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of a programmer are:
- Writing and revising or rechecking programs related to various work, such as operations and database systems.
- To finish projects within deadlines, and ensure that adequate discussions are held with clients and managerial authorities of the company.
- To resolve the various lines of codes which will interact with the user and make the computer perform the task it is asked to.
- To create industry specific software as this will benefit co-workers and other clients.
Programmer Skills and Specifications:
The skills and specifications of a programmer are as follows:
- Expertise in the programming languages needed to become fully adept at creating usable and demanded software, like Java.
- Knowledge of computer codes for microcomputers and mainframe software applications which will enable programmers to create software programs of quality.
- Adequate training and work experience in the form of industrial projects, internships and apprenticeships.
Programmer Education and Qualifications:
The educational qualifications of a programmer are as follows:
- Associate degree in computer programming
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Information Systems or computer Science.
A programmer can earn anything between 60,000 USD and 90,000 USD depending on work experience and company affiliations.
Desktop Publisher Career Description
Data Entry Career Description
Software Developer Career Description
3D Animator Career Description
3D Animation Career Description
Game Programmer Career Description
Graphic Artist Career Description
Computer Programmer Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description