Software Developer Job Profile and Description:
A software developer is in charge of creating, conceptualising, installing, maintaining, debugging and updating a software product. This requires considerable technical knowhow. The software developer bases his work on mathematical and technical principles, and creates a number of software systems as well as web based applications.
Simple software programs can be created in a few hours while more complex and challenging ones can take years to complete and the coordination of a team of software professionals. This is a job which has been popular even since the technology boom of the late 1980s and 1990s, and it has witnessed ups and downs. It still remains a popular career option though.
Software Developer Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of a software developer are as follows:
- Reviewing of current systems and providing designs, ideas and so on for the implementation of new systems.
- Working in close collaboration with software analysts, technicians and concept designers.
- Create training manuals for the users of the software designed by the developer.
- Writing the program codes which will enable the translation of the client’s instructions into a language the computer can understand and respond to.
Software Developer Skills and Specifications:
The skills and specifications of a software developer are as follows:
- The ability to meet deadlines is an important job specification. Workdays can be as long as 40 hours per week, and even longer in case of tight deadlines.
- Skill and complete mastery of various programming languages like Java, Linux, Oracle, NET, Smalltalk and C++.
Software Developer Education and Qualifications:
The educational requirements of a software developer are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems.
- Certification from the Computer Society of Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers.
Software Developer Salary:
A software developer can earn anything between 30,000 to 80,000 USD and even higher depending on his post.
Desktop Publisher Career Description
Data Entry Career Description
3D Animator Career Description
3D Animation Career Description
Game Programmer Career Description
Graphic Artist Career Description
Computer Programmer Career Description
Programmer Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description