Software Developer Job Profile and Description:
A software developer is in charge of creating, conceptualising, installing, maintaining, debugging and updating a software product. This requires considerable technical knowhow. The software developer bases his work on mathematical and technical principles, and creates a number of software systems as well as web based applications.
Simple software programs can be created in a few hours while more complex and challenging ones can take years to complete and the coordination of a team of software professionals. This is a job which has been popular even since the technology boom of the late 1980s and 1990s, and it has witnessed ups and downs. It still remains a popular career option though.
Software Developer Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of a software developer are as follows:
- Reviewing of current systems and providing designs, ideas and so on for the implementation of new systems.
- Working in close collaboration with software analysts, technicians and concept designers.
- Create training manuals for the users of the software designed by the developer.
- Writing the program codes which will enable the translation of the client’s instructions into a language the computer can understand and respond to.
Software Developer Skills and Specifications:
The skills and specifications of a software developer are as follows:
- The ability to meet deadlines is an important job specification. Workdays can be as long as 40 hours per week, and even longer in case of tight deadlines.
- Skill and complete mastery of various programming languages like Java, Linux, Oracle, NET, Smalltalk and C++.
Software Developer Education and Qualifications:
The educational requirements of a software developer are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems.
- Certification from the Computer Society of Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers.
Software Developer Salary:
A software developer can earn anything between 30,000 to 80,000 USD and even higher depending on his post.