Visual Artist Job Profile and Description:
The job profile of a visual artist is quite broad and extensive, including within its fold, professions of animation, graphic art design, animation and so on. The chief function of the visual artist is to transmute ideas through the medium of sight to an audience. This involves an understanding of the principles of art, a strong concept of art history, and modern technology which enables visual artistry to reach new heights of innovation.
Thus this is a challenging yet creatively satisfying job. The visual artist can participate in the related and different fields of film, photography, architecture, textiles, graphic design and so on.
Visual Artist Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of a visual artist are as follows:
- To present an idea to an audience using the media of colour, form, along with utilising composition, skills, technique, medium, animation and so on. The chief duty of a visual artist is to create an impact through his art.
- To constantly test their knowledge and expand the world of the known and the familiar. New and experimental works create an active liveliness in the field of visual art and each artist must take the responsibility of expanding the horizons of art.
Visual Artist Skills and Specifications:
The skills and specifications of a visual artist are as follows:
- The job involves considerable skill as well as natural talent. Understanding the concepts of art history and finding a niche to work in is critical.
- A portfolio of the best works of the visual artist is a critical specification of this field. This is needed to market the skills of the artist.
Visual Artist Education and Qualifications:
The educational qualifications of a visual artist are as follows:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Arts.
Visual Artist Salary:
A visual artists’ salary depend on individual assignments, patrons, publicity, exhibitions and a host of factors. They earn around 80,000 USD per annum if successful.