Criminal Justice Lawyer Job Profile and Description
A Criminal Justice Lawyer is someone who is an advocate for clients who are facing criminal charges. He specializes in supporting and defending his clients who have been found guilty of a certain crime. His job is to provide legal counsel to the client in order to have a legal judgment reversed in the client’s favor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A Criminal Justice Lawyer is someone who defends his client who has been charged with performing a crime.
- He also has to deal with appeal cases where he has to defend and support his client who has already been proven guilty by a prior legal judgment.
- He has to work to get prior legal judgments of his clients reversed.
- He also has to provide legal counsel to clients in matters of criminal law.
Skills and Specifications
- A Criminal Justice Lawyer should possess very good oral communication skills as it is his job to present arguments in front of a court judge in his client’s favor.
- He must have strong analytical skills.
- Very good writing skills are a must as he has to prepare high-quality legal briefs to present his client’s case.
- He should have good interpersonal skills as it is important for him to understand the client and his requirements.
- He should have an eye for understanding the judge’s perspective about the appeal cases he is handling.
- He should have a fit body which can handle long working hours.
- Excellent researching skills and an eye for detail are a must for a successful Criminal Justice Lawyer.
- He must be capable of handling stressful situations.
Education and Qualifications
Persons interested in this profession need to have a four year pre-law degree, a three year- law degree and a license from the State Bar Association to qualify.
Criminal Defense Attorney Job Description
Divorce & Family Lawyer Job Description
Court Stenographer Job Description
Court Recorder Job Description
Criminal Lawyer Job Description
Community Lawyer Job Description
Housing Lawyer Job Description
Education Lawyer Job Description
Senior Officer Legal Job Description
Staff Attorney Job Description
Volunteer Legal Intern Job Description
Law Firm Administrator Job Description