- Working closely with other computer professionals such as data analysts, web developers and computer programmers.
- Identifying what the needs of the clients are and meeting these needs through proper data research
- Collecting data, organizing it and managing it.
- Developing computer databases and setting them up. This includes writing precise instructions through programming language for the computer to collect and sort out relevant data
- Ensuring that computer systems and databases works as well as they should. This is known as database performance tuning.
- Testing computer database systems to ensure that they are working properly
- Ensure back up for data is made on a regular basis in case data gets lost or destroyed
- Recovering lost computer data or data which has been corrupted
- Ensuring the integrity and security of any collected data. Unauthorized individuals should not be able to access the data including hacking into the system.
- In case of any problems in the database, administrators fix it to ensure proper functioning of the system.
- Overseeing and controlling data resources in an organization
- Ensuring that the required data is always available to those who need it so that the right person can always find the right data when they need it. The data should be presented in a way that the users can understand.
- Spend a lot of time in front of the computer. Most can work from home
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Should be a team player
Well conversant with computer software
Director or IT Manager
Computer IT Job Description
Sample Network Administrator Job Description
Sample IT Recruiter Job Description
Sample SAP CRM Job Description
Database Developer Job Description
Sample MCSE Job Description
Sample CCNA Job Description
Sample SAP Consultant Job Description
Sample SAP HR Job Description
Senior IT Project Manager Job Description
Senior Manager It Job Description
Senior Qa Engineer Job Description