Fashion Photographer Job Profile And Description
A fashion photographer uses his creative and communication skills along with his knowledge about photography and fashion to shoot pictures which bring out the best points of a designer’s clothes and accessories and also makes the model look gorgeous. He has an important role to play in highlighting the designs as the pictures must appeal to the consumers and make them look more attractive so that there are more buyers for the fashionable products displayed in the pictures.
Fashion Photographer Duties And Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a fashion photographer will involve:
- Do photo shoots of aspiring models to make their portfolio
- Take pictures of models depending on the aesthetic requirements of the designer by creating an apt background and theme
- Highlight the best features of the models and the clothes of the designers
- Follow the instructions of any fashion editor for a magazine or TV show
Fashion Photographer Skills And Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a fashion photographer include:
- Creativity is important and you must have knowledge about the fashion world
- Good communication skills are needed so as to communicate well with the models to make them comfortable
- Technical knowledge on how to operate the camera, lighting etc
Fashion Photographer Education And Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a fashion photographer are as follows:
- Most photography courses do not have any fashion photography classes but you can do a bachelor’s degree in general photography and specialise in the field of fashion
- The other option is to work with famous fashion photographers as interns and apprentices to get more practical experience
Fashion Photographer Salary
A fashion photographer can expect to earn $30,000 at the starting level which can go up to $60,000 a year. However, there are some fashion photographers who are very much in demand by celebrities and designers and they can even get over $100,000 a year.
Fashion Photographer Career Description
A fashion photographer is actively involved in photo shoots related to fashion like shooting attractive pictures of models as directed by a creative fashion director, creating a portfolio of pictures so as to build a good profile of him, travel to various places anywhere in the world with the fashion crew so that he can capture the clothing, accessories, and beauty of the models promoting the fashion apparels, etc. His main job is to take orders from the supervisors like fashion director or fashion marketer, provide his own creative inputs in the photography, use his technical knowledge in making the pictures flawless, etc. Candidates who want to become fashion photographers should have relevant technical and creative knowledge in fashion photography and a few years of relevant work experience.
Fashion Photographer Job Career Description
- A fashion photographer works with the models to make them look beautiful and to promote the apparels and accessories of the fashion designers.
- A fashion photographer uses his technical knowledge regarding background, colours, lights, etc to make the shoot look good.
- He or she also has to develop good interpersonal skills with the models so that the desired style and position can be created.
- To progress well in this career as a fashion photographer, candidates should develop excellent networking skills and work with a wide variety of fashion designers and models. One can increase the employability and earning capacity by possessing these traits.
Fashion Photographer Career Salary
Aspiring candidates who want to enter the field of fashion and become fashion photographers can search for innumerable job opportunities in popular industries like fashion, retail, apparel, magazine, photography, etc. Candidates who have 1-4 years of prior experience as fashion photographers will be preferred. According to the salary estimates by the National Salary data released by Pay Scale, the annual compensation of a fashion photographer is between $24,000 and $105,000 per year with the median salary approximately being $75,000 per year.
Fashion Illustration Career Description
Fashion Photography Career Description
Fashion Coordinator Career Description
Fashion Buyer Career Description
Fashion Stylist Career Description
Fashion Merchandising Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description
General Practitioner Career Description
Visual Merchandiser Career Description