Medical Records Job Profile and Description
A medical industry can never function properly if it does not maintain a proper record of the events and details. It is the Medical Recorder who has the duty of maintaining the details of everything from the examination and test details to that of various observations and experiments. He would not just collect the information but would also assemble, indentify and make the records accessible for those who would need to browse through the records from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Making most of their knowledge in medical terminology and record analysis abilities to be able to offer useful contributions to the health care industry.
- Carrying out all kind of medical record preparation and coding job for the health care organization he is working.
- Fulfilling all the duties needed to be done in the medical record keeping and coding department; this includes everything from training to specialty coding job.
- Ensuring that all the medical facility forms have been made available and the medical database too is properly maintained.
- Ensuring that the patients’ charts are properly designed and maintained: in short, he would keep all the records pertaining to the patient in an organized fashion for present and future use.
Skills and Specifications
- Great analytical skills
- Eye for details
- Good supervisory skills
- Highly organized
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical record analysis is highly imperative.
- Five to ten year’s experience in related field is an added advantage.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description