Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Profile and Description
The Obstetrician and Gynecologist are those physicians who have specialized in prenatal, post natal care, pregnancy management etc. In short, they have specialized in dealing with the treatment of the problems related to female reproductive system. They offer medical and surgical help to women who require it for solving the problems related to their reproductive system. Though they have general training in human health care systems, their specialization deals with women health care and reproductive system as a result of which their patients are mostly women.
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Duties and Responsibilities
- Advising patients about diet, hygiene, activity and disease prevention.
- Analyzing reports, records, test results etc for diagnosing the medical condition of the patient.
- Caring and treating women during their prenatal, natal and the post-natal periods.
- Collecting, recording, and maintaining of the patient information for devising of the successful treatments for the patients.
- Performing cesarean and other surgical procedures to ensure that the delivery of the babies is being safely done.
- Treating diseases of the female organs and conducting research needed to prescribe treatments, medications or other procedures needed for preventing and controlling of some disease.
- Planning, implementing or administering the health programs in the hospitals, communities etc for preventing some illness or for treating them.
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Skills and Specifications
- Good deal of understanding of female body constitution and organs.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to work for long hours and for long schedules
- Ability to carry out the coordination and organizational works
- Active listening and critical thinking abilities
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s medical degree from an accredited medical school.
- Certification for obstetrics and gynecology is imperative for practicing Gynecology.
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Salary
The average annual wage of the Obstetrician and Gynecologist is $204,470. However, their income would greatly vary depending on the nature of the organization they work for and the experience of the professional.
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Orthodontist Job Description