Medical secretary Job Profile and Description
Medical secretary are responsible to fix an appointment of the patients with the doctors. They give the patients probable dates for the surgery and match the preferences with the available itinerary. Medical secretary prepare the reports about a specific patients and store it as electronic documents.
They transfer the call to the doctor to solve the queries of the previously discharged patients. Medical secretaries perform different clerical jobs such as filling up the patient admission form and insurance claim forms.
They are responsible for giving an update about the present health status to the family members of the critical patients. They send the collected samples from different patients to the relevant laboratories. Medical secretary greet the patients visiting the hospital and entertain their queries. They supervise and assign jobs to the subordinate employees of the clinic.
Medical secretary Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Medical secretary will involve:
- To collect all the needed information from all the available sources.
- To carry out telephonic and email conversation with the colleagues and supervisors.
- To communicate with the patients and their relatives regarding the present condition of the patients
- To give doctor the vital statistics about a particular patient.
- To prepare medical documents and store it manually on the computer.
Medical secretary Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a Medical secretary include:
- Excellent communication skills to address the queries of the patients.
- Time management skills to perform multiple tasks at the same time.
- Skills to coordinate effectively with the medical team.
- Ability to upgrade knowledge as per the demands of the profession.
- Skills to help the patients under stress emotionally.
- Ability to work round the clock for the speedy recovery of the patients.
Medical secretary Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Medical secretary are as follows:
- A bachelor degree in management is essential.
- A master degree in management will help the candidate to secure position in top notch hospitals and clinics.
- One year certificate course in medical secretary training is mandatory.
Medical secretary Salary
A medical secretary usually gets an annual salary in the range of $ 35000 to$ 45000.The salary can go high for experienced personnel. The salary also depends upon the type of the hospital, location and unit of posting.
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description
Orthodontist Job Description