Medical Surgical Nurse Job Profile and Description
A medical facility cannot work without Medical Surgical Nurses who act as assistants to surgeons. These nurses care for the adult patients and work in different types of medical setting- hospitals, clinics, nursing homes etc. They possess adequate knowledge of the machines, tools and equipments, which are related to the medical surgical procedures. Since their functions are a little divorced from the duties of the general nurses, they mostly work in the emergency centers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the patients, taking care of their well being and health; in short maintaining the medical facility in the best possible manner.
- Assessing patients, administering care, providing treatments and medications to the patients to ensure that the patients are being perfectly treated.
- Possessing a good amount of medical knowledge which is utilized for the well fare of the patients and the smooth functioning of the medical facility.
- Possessing adequate knowledge of surgical procedures and implementing them as and when required thereby acting as assistants to surgeons during operations and surgical procedures.
- Supporting the patients to enable them to identify their bets interests.
Skills and Specifications
- Wide range of medical knowledge.
- Good clinical reasoning and decision-making skills.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Superior communication skills.
- Appreciation of patient diversity.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in surgical nursing is highly imperative.
- Five to ten years experience in related field is an added advantage
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description