Medical Transcription Job Profile and Description
The person who takes down medical dictations and transforms them into useful transcriptions is known as the medical transcriptionist. The Medical Transcription work is to transcribe medical dictations successfully and efficiently. He handles medical dictations of every type- from patient’s reports and test results to operating room reports. Their work is not just limited to a single department, which shows the diversity of their work nature.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Applying his knowledge of physiology, anatomy etc along with his correct English usage skills in order to convert the dictates to the language of the transcription.
- Recognizing and removing all discrepancies present in the medical dictation in order to create a flawless transcription.
- Ensuring that the final draft consist all-important details of clinic and patient information thereby preparing a fully-fledged report.
- Meeting both the deadlines of preparing the final product and presenting it to the related authority.
- Communicating and supervising over the staffs related to all departments- administration, management, medical staffs etc.
- Arranging and participating in different quality assurance and education related programs.
Skills and Specifications
- Good knowledge of medical transcription
- Excellent knowledge of grammar, punctuation and all types of English usage
- Good listening and verbal skills
- Highly organized
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject with adequate knowledge of anatomy, surgery, physiology, medicine and other such medical related subjects
- Five to ten years experience in this field is an added advantage
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
Medical Biller Job Description
Medical Records Job Description
Medical Coder Job Description
Medical Technologist Job Description
Medical Office Assistant Job Description
Medical Job Descriptions
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Job Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Job Description
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Job Description