Nursing Home Aide helps the nurses in taking care of the patients at their residences. They are mostly employed exclusively for individual patients at their homes. The duty of a nursing home aide is to take care of the patients. They are required to serve food for the patients and ensure that they have their meals on time. Nursing home aides are required to make the patients beds, sponge them or help them in taking bath, help them sit on the wheelchair and take them to the bathroom, garden area or other places in the house, make them stand and help them walk.
They are also trained to check the blood pressure, body temperature and pulse of the patient. Nursing Home Aide is also required to ensure that the patients stay under hygienic conditions and recover soon.
Nursing Home Aide Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Nursing Home Aide include:
- Nursing Home Aide is required to serve food to the patients and make sure they it on time.
- Nursing Home Aide needs to ensure that proper hygiene is maintained in the patient’s room and the surrounding areas.
- Nursing Home Aide needs to help the patients stand or sit on the wheelchair and take them to other places in the house or to the garden area.
- Nursing Home Aide is required to needs to be besides the patient at all times and attend to any additional requirement of the patient.
- Nursing Home Aide needs to help the patients in taking bath. If the patient is not in a position to take bath, the nursing home aide sponges them.
- Nursing Home Aide tests the patients’ blood pressure, temperature and pulse.
- Nursing Home Aide needs to provide medicines to the patients.
Nursing Home Aide Skills and Specifications
Nursing Home Aide requires the below mentioned skills and specifications:
- Nursing Home Aide needs to have a good physical stamina.
- Nursing Home Aide should have knowledge about various medical terms and facilities.
Nursing Home Aide Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Nursing Home Aide are as follows:
- A High School Diploma
- Degree/ Diploma in Nursing Care
- Having a relevant experience serves as an added advantage
Nursing Home Aide Salary
The average annual salary of a Nursing Home Aide is around $ 23000. The salary may vary based on the employer, city and also the number of hours he/she is working. One may earn an average of $ 10.09 per hour working at this position.
Nursing Educator Job Description
Nurse Anesthetist Job Description
Nurse Attorney Job Description
Nurse Practitioner Job Description
Call Center Manager Job Description
HVAC Technician Job Description
Dental Hygienist Job description
Lab Director Job Description
Administration director job description
Physical Therapist Job Description
Finance Reporting Manager Job Description
Physical Chemist Job Description