Registered Nursing Career Profile and Description
A registered nurse provides professional nursing care to the patients. She provides comprehensive nursing care to the adults and the geriatric patients, including their families and care givers, by making use of her skills and knowledge. She provides optimal physical, psychological and safety care to the patients as per the age groups, keeping in mind the standards of quality as depicted by the healthcare associations.
Registered Nursing Duties and Responsibilities
The general duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Planning and implementing nursing care needs for patients with different types of medical or surgical conditions.
- Promotion of health maintenance of individuals and families through teaching and counseling.
- Providing safe quality care that preserves the autonomy and dignity of patients.
- Accessing online medical forms and policies.
- Consulting and coordinating with the case manager by identifying the specific patient problems.
- Preparing documents as per the patient’s condition and submitting them to the agency within the stipulated timeframe.
- Attending the patients according to the physician orders.
- Participating in the clinical conferences.
- Reporting and documenting the customer complaints.
- Implementing the performance improvement activities for the patients as recommended by the healthcare professionals.
- Ordering the patient medical supplies, as directed by the case manager.
Registered Nursing Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of ANA code of ethics.
- Proficient in basic computer skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Registered Nursing Education and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing.
- Registered nurse (RN) licensure.
- Current CPR certification is an advantage.
Registered Nursing Salary
The salary range of a registered nurse is from less than $40,000 to more than $100,000 annually. It depends on several factors such as the job duties, the job location and the years of experience etc.
Traveling Nurse Career Description
Neonatal Nurse Career Description
Nursing Assistant Career Description
Forensic Nursing Career Description
Veterinary Nursing Career Description
Psychiatric Nursing Career Description
Marine Biologist Career Description
Naturalist Career Description
Biomedical Engineer Career Description
General Practitioner Career Description
Visual Merchandiser Career Description