Computer Engineering Career Profile and Description
A computer engineering professional performs a variety of tasks such as developing software architectures and designs, developing algorithms, models and visualization tools. The other job roles include software testing, documenting software, preparing technical reports and writing proposals. In addition to serving the software department, they are also involved in the troubleshooting and regular maintenance of the various hardware parts and networking equipment.
Computer Engineering Duties and Responsibilities
A computer engineer is responsible for the implementation and support of various technology and business solutions for the organization. Below are the detailed job responsibilities of a computer engineering professional:
- Providing maintenance and support to the various web based applications.
- Developing technical designs for the proposed software solutions.
- Managing the initial configuration and installations of the various hardware and software technologies.
- Providing testing and approval of the finalized software and hardware configurations.
- Resolving various technical issues of the clients.
- Participating in the program development meetings for the new projects.
Overseeing that the software systems being implemented in the industry are being updated at regular intervals of time.
Computer Engineering Skills and Specifications
The required skills for a successful software engineer are:
- Strong knowledge of the Windows server operating systems.
- Basic understanding of the networking concepts.
- Working knowledge of SQL database systems.
- Basic understanding of the IP based communication systems.
- Proficiency in Java, C++ and MATLAB.
- Basic knowledge of Linux operating system.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work normally under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and apply new technologies.
Computer Engineering Education and Qualification
A computer engineer must consider following degrees and certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering/Electronics Engineering.
Computer Engineering Salary
The pay scale of a computer engineer with less than one year of experience ranges from $49,297 to $69,909. The scale increases according to the level of experience gained.
Genetic Engineer Career Description
Aerospace Engineer Career Description
Audio Engineer Career Description
Petroleum Engineer Career Description
Environmental Engineering Career Description
Industrial Engineering Career Description
Automotive Engineering Career Description
Biomedical Engineering Career Description
Aerospace Engineering Career Description
Mechanical Engineering Career Description
Electrical Engineering Career Description
Civil Engineering Career Description