Revenue Agent Job Profile and Description
A Revenue agent is an employee of the revenue service department of a state or a region and is required to collect the taxes from people on the basis of the tax laws of that region. This job requires an individual to fulfil the educational requirements related to the post. The following is a detailed description of the career of a revenue agent:
Revenue Agent Duties and Responsibilities
Some duties and responsibilities of a revenue agent are given as follows:
- The major duty and responsibility of a revenue agent is to resolve all the tax accounts which have been assigned to them.
- He/she is responsible for sending notices to those individuals who haven’t paid their taxes on time.
- It is the job duty and responsibility of a revenue agent to look into and examine the financial statements of organisations to check whether or not they have dutifully paid their taxes.
Revenue Agent Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required to become a revenue agent are given as follows:
- A revenue agent must be extremely good at handling financial accounts and information.
- A revenue agent must possess excellent communication skills, analytical abilities and control over numeracy related tasks.
- He/she must pay attention to details and should be hardworking and diligent.
Revenue Agent Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Revenue agent are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree in any field is a prerequisite to become a revenue agent but studies related to subjects like finance, accounting, audition, management etc are preferred.
- Post graduate degree is not a must but may be asked by the revenue service departments of certain regions.
Revenue Agent Salary
The average median salary of a person working as a revenue agent is $48100 but this salary figure may vary depending upon the skills and experience possessed by the individual.