Social Worker Profile and Description
Social workers are responsible to provide community based social services and also identifying individuals, families and groups within a pertinent legislation for safeguarding and developing interest, communal welfare and functioning of the society at large. A social worker identifies the problems and issues faced by individuals and sects and extend care and assistance to the children and homeless.
Social Worker Duties and Responsibilities
The common duties and responsibilities of a social worker include the following:
- Provide aid and support to the victims of abuse and domestic violence.
- Conduct investigations into cases of abuse with support from the state departments.
- Help to place children in orphanages and foster homes.
- Treat and work for welfare of the old, handicapped, children or abused.
- Prepare and develop evaluation reports.
- Plan and conduct social welfare camps and workshops.
- Perform reviews of people out on parole.
- Organize vocational training workshops for unemployed by collaborating with non-government organizations.
Social Worker Skills and Specifications
The core skills and specifications required from a social worker include the following:
- Identifying and relating to problems of individuals and the society at large.
- Awareness of legal norms and the specifics of state regarding welfare services.
- Skills for dealing with stress and manage time.
- Superb interpersonal and skills for conflict resolution and risk management.
Social Worker Education and Qualification
The common educational qualifications that a family physician must have are as follows:
- Graduation in social work, sociology or any other relevant field.
- Post graduation is social work, human rights etc.
- At least two years’ of work experience.
Social Worker Salary
Social workers employed by non-profit and similar organizations earn a salary of $34,780. Several years of service can fetch a managerial post in a reputed social service organization.