AVP/Director – Application Development Job Profile and Description
Heading the IT function of application development of a large company or Software development company is the AVP/Director for Application Development. Reporting directly to the VP or Head of IT/MIS, the position oversees a team of application managers who are responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the functional application software used by the company’s various departments or clients The position also provides the technical and administrative leadership for adopting and supporting the development programming languages and tools for any of the computing platforms the department uses.
AVP/Director – Application Development Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct the final screening interviews of applicants in the department’s managerial positions.
- Oversee the performance of the management staff to ensure they perform their duties and responsibilities as mandated.
- Approve the use of development coding and quality assurance tools in the design, development, expansion, project management and maintenance of new and existing application software.
- Implement the departmental technical standards of its systems development and maintenance functions by sitting in as a member of the IT steering committee.
- Keep abreast with new and emerging coding languages and quality trends in application development
- Negotiate with 3rd party application solution providers for acquisition of source codes of off-the-shelf products.
AVP/Director – Application Development Skills and Specifications
- Must have the technical competence to understand the complexities of application systems development and maintenance
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational, supervisory and managerial skills
AVP/Director – Application Development Education and Qualifications
- A college degree in computer science or management is basic while a masters degree or MBA is preferred
- At least 12-15 years of experience in application development management is basic
AVP/Director – Application Development Salary
The annual salary of an AVP/Director for Applications Development varies according to industry, complexities of systems development, state as well as holder’s qualification. In general, the position can earn a high of $179,000 in a large company with extensive application development exposures
Computer IT Job Description
Sample Network Administrator Job Description
Sample IT Recruiter Job Description
Sample SAP CRM Job Description
Database Developer Job Description
Sample MCSE Job Description
Sample CCNA Job Description
Sample SAP Consultant Job Description
Sample SAP HR Job Description
Senior IT Project Manager Job Description
Senior Manager It Job Description
Senior Qa Engineer Job Description