AVP/Director – Database Administration Job Profile and Description
The AVP/Director for Database Administration provides functional and departmental leadership to a team of administrators managing various database management systems running on different platforms like UNIX, Mainframe Systems or Windows in both centralized and distributed client server environments. Often employed in large companies like international airlines and Telecoms companies, the position is responsible for ensuring high database systems availability, providing programmer test and development partitions and authorized user access.
AVP/Director – Database Administration Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the various database management systems used in the company’s computing resources to ensure they support the application systems used by various departments.
- Ensure that database administrators and managers perform their duties and responsibilities as expected
- Conduct the final screening interviews for jobs in the department’s management positions.
- Implement corporate and departmental policies, quantity and productivity standards and procedures.
AVP/Director – Database Administration Skills and Specifications
- Must have the administrative and managerial competence to oversee the operations of approved database management systems in different computing platforms
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Must have excellent organizational, supervisory and managerial skills
AVP/Director – Database Administration Education and Qualifications
- A college degree in computer science or management is basic
- An MBA or masters degree in computer management is preferred
- At least 12-15 years of experience in managing or administering database systems in the required computing platform is basic
AVP/Director – Database Administration Salary
The annual salary of an AVP or Director of Database Administration varies depending on the computing platform (mainframe, mini, UNIX or Windows) database managed, the nature and size of the business, location and the holder’s qualification. In general, the position can command as much as $150,000 annually.
Computer IT Job Description
Sample Network Administrator Job Description
Sample IT Recruiter Job Description
Sample SAP CRM Job Description
Database Developer Job Description
Sample MCSE Job Description
Sample CCNA Job Description
Sample SAP Consultant Job Description
Sample SAP HR Job Description
Senior IT Project Manager Job Description
Senior Manager It Job Description
Senior Qa Engineer Job Description