Client-Server Systems Manager Job Profile and Description
In a company with an extensive implementation of departmental client-server computing platforms, the Client Server Systems Manager provides the managerial leadership to a team of systems administrators assigned to each departmental or client-server platform, whether standalone or in a network. The position is a single-point of contact for the various department system users . Most IT implementations are in this platform either in a centralized or distributed configuration.
Client-Server Systems Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with the IT hardware and network group to ensure that the client server platform used in departmental systems remain in their highest continuous availability as far as practicable.
- Supervise a team of systems administrators in the client-server configuration to ensure they perform their duties and responsibilities in accordance with the IT polices and performance standards of the company,
- Conduct interviews of job applicants in the final screening stage and approve all employee movements to the department.
- Keep abreast with developments in client server technologies by attending seminars and conferences on the subject locally and overseas.
Client-Server Systems Manager Skills and Specifications
- Must have extensive technical experience in maintaining the operating systems that run in the client server platform and the administration tools peculiar to the systems to be managed.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational, supervisory and managerial skills
Client-Server Systems Manager Education and Qualifications
- A masters degree in IT management or MBM is basic
- At least 12 years of experience in the IT department with the last 3-5 years in the client server computing environment is preferred.
- Having undergone the relevant certificated seminars and workshops in data Center management form IBM, Oracle or Microsoft is an advantage.
Client-Server Systems Manager Salary
The annual average salary of a Client-Server Systems Manager varies across industries and states as well as the complexity and reach of the computing platform. UNIX based systems managers generally earn more than Windows-based. Typically, a client server systems manager earns about $93,000 on the average annually.
Computer IT Job Description
Sample Network Administrator Job Description
Sample IT Recruiter Job Description
Sample SAP CRM Job Description
Database Developer Job Description
Sample MCSE Job Description
Sample CCNA Job Description
Sample SAP Consultant Job Description
Sample SAP HR Job Description
Senior IT Project Manager Job Description
Senior Manager It Job Description
Senior Qa Engineer Job Description